The Sunshine Blogger Award is one of the best ways to learn more about other Christian bloggers who strive to write spiritually encouraging and beneficial content for all of us. The sunshine blogger award is not an official award, it’s just as important because it really reflects the good impact we can have on other people’s lives. (Statements were cited from nominators’ blogs)
Thank you to Temi Michael-O from Christian Mommas, https://christianmommas.com/2019/12/30/2019-blog-awards/ for nominating this blog for the Sunshine Blogger’s Award.
The sunshine blogger award rules:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog
- List the rules and display an award logo on your blog post
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger(s) asked you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers to receive the award and notify them by commenting on any of their post
- Ask the nominees 11 new questions
11 questions by Herry
- How did get started blogging? The Holy Spirit has been nudging me for years to write, and I had gotten to a point in my life that I felt I could focus on writing, so I asked the Lord what He wanted me to write about and He told me He wanted me to encourage younger mothers to love their husbands and their children by sharing my stories.
- Other than Jesus what Biblical “character” would you most like to spend time with? I would love to be friends with Ruth. She was a woman of faith, and she was loyal and she knew how to love and be loyal.
- How many places have you lived? I have lived in Ohio, Wisconsin and Michigan, and spent a couple of summers in California, Virginia and New Jersey.
- Where/How do you blog (i.e. home office on PC, in my recliner on lap top)?. I blog on my laptop, but it helps to be alone without distractions.
- How has your life changed since you stared blogging? It has helped me to remember all the ways God has worked and intervened in my life. The Bible tells us to “Remember” as it helps to bolster our faith. This blog has probably encouraged me, more than anyone who has read it. 🙂
- If you had zero subscribers, would you still blog? Blogging isn’t about who reads my blogs, (that’s nice:) but blogging is about being obedient to God.
- Do you attend a small, medium or large church? Medium to large sized church.
- Why did you choose that particular congregation? God led us there after our son died.
- How long have you been a Christ follower? 40 years.
- What is your favorite holiday & why? Christmas–my husband loves to give gifts, and I think his generosity so reflects the generosity of our Heavenly Father, who gives in lavish abundance.
- Other than blogging are you involved in any other ministry? Yes– A group of friends and I host monthly international teas. I have heard that internationals come to our country and never get invited into an American’s home. I hope to see that change, one tea, one community at a time. Perhaps someone will read this and decide to start international events in their own communities.
My nominees are amazing and encouraging writers. Please read their blogs, you’ll be encouraged and supported in your faith. (Nominees–You are under no obligation to participate. 🙂 )
Dayle: When The Old Passes and The New Comes.
Esther: You”Better Watch Out” God.
Temi: What Christianity means to my family.
MFranseen: Three Ways To Grow in Contentment in a Disappointing World
Blue Cotton Memory: Her House Overflowed With Children.
Chloe: May Your Days Be Merry and Bright.
The Godly Chic Diaries: Stop Stopping Yourself.
Beholding Him Ministries: New Year: Lord, Give Me You.
Kim: You Can Trust Him.
April: My 10 Favorite Memories From 2019
Lovely In The Dark: Healing Is….
Thank you again, Temi, for nominating me!! 🙂